Research Conduct

体育彩票投注网360彩票all research conducted or sponsored by duquesne university must comply with strict federal regulations governing the safety of subjects and researchers. faculty and student researchers must have completed training in various aspects of research conduct governing their work. training is on-line at no cost to duquesne faculty, students, and staff. simply go to the website register and list your institution as duquesne university and you will find a complete course list including: irb, institutional animal care and use committee, biosafety, conflict of interest, and biomedical responsible conduct of research training.

Human Subjects Research

All research conducted or sponsored by Duquesne University that involves human subjects must be pre-approved by the Institutional Review Board for Protection of Human Subjects. This requirement is based on The Administrative Policy #41. For additional information, visit Duquesne's Human Subjects page.

Animal Use

All research conducted or sponsored by Duquesne University that involves live vertebrate animals must be approved by the IACUC before research begins. For additional information, visit our Animal Care page.

Biosafety & Radiation Safety

all individuals who intend to acquire, transport or engage in research with cdc, usda select agents and cdc select agents, as defined by the center for disease control and prevention (cdc) and the u.s. department of agriculture (usda) are required to inform the office of research before work can begin. select agents are certain viruses, bacteria, rickettsia, fungi and toxins defined by cdc and the usda. research in our laboratories must adhere to cdc's guidelines biosafety in microbial and biomedical laboratories, 5th edition 2007.

For more information, visit our Safety Procedures page.

Biosafety Committee

Research Policies (RPS)

please review the following duquesne university administrative policies related to research-

For more information regarding responsible conduct of research and compliance, contact the Office of Research staff.