The Center for Student Wellbeing
For the Mind, Heart, and Spirit
Our philosophy of wellbeing 体育彩票投注网360彩票acknowledges seven dimensions of wellness: spiritual; emotional; intellectual; occupational; physical; social; and environmental, which correspond to the dimensions of the human person. Wellbeing as a praxis involves developing each of these dimensions in an integrated fashion.
As a Philosophy of Life
体育彩票投注网360彩票wellbeing as wholeness is ultimately who you are - it is what it means for you to be human. wellbeing-based practices and techniques, such as meditation, prayer, or spiritual reading for the spirit, aerobic exercise and proper nutrition for the body, and intellectual study for the mind, when taken together and practiced as part of a comprehensive training program are fundamentally about cultivating a way of being predicated upon wholeness.
- A philosophy of wellbeing, as a way of being, brings a sense of aliveness to your life.
- When you honor yourself and others as mind, body and spirit, the world begins to look differently.
- You will gain insight into all forms of life that you didn't necessarily experience before.
- Your love deepens, your care and compassion widens to include the welfare of all beings, and not only those that are similar to you in terms of species, socioeconomic class, ethnicity, and sexual orientation. Your care and compassion expands to embrace the cosmos, inclusive of sentient beings, non-sentient beings, and nature as a whole.
- Your own wellbeing is not separate from the wellbeing of others. Wellbeing that is pursued at the expense of others is not wellbeing.
- Wellbeing is the path of lived wisdom where the great ideas of the past and present become part of an overall ethic of love.
- Wellbeing is the power of community, social justice, and the art and science of caring for yourself and others in a world of engagement.
- The path of wellbeing helps you realize that miracles abound in everyday life and that everyday life is itself miraculous.
- When you practice being well and encourage others to do the same, you may find yourself to be happier, healthier, and wiser.
Student Wellbeing Club
The Student Wellbeing Club was created at Duquesne University to cultivate a holistic sense of wellbeing for the student body. The club meets on a monthly basis and covers a variety of topics and activities. If you would like to join the mailing list or the club, please check us out on !
Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
Membership/Officer/Executive Committee Application- submit to DUHealth@jazsprays.com or drop off in DU Health Service (second floor Union)
Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC) considers all matters that its members deem appropriate concerning leading change on campus with the purpose of promoting and supporting Duquesne University's mission of total well-being,leading active and productive lifestyles, including appropriate life choices. SHAC hosts health information (Hot Topic) sessions monthly on the third Thursday in the Power Center 2nd floor conference/classroom at 6PM. If you would like to join the mailing list or the club, please check us out on: