Think summer with image of sun

summer sessions begin in may, june and july! all classes will be online.

Non-Degree Students

Are you enrolled as a student at another university or just looking to take a few courses that interest you? Browse available courses in the University Class Schedules. Summer session courses will be online and begin in May, June and July. 

How to Apply

Start a new application here.

  • Non-degree students must submit proof (a transcript) of any necessary prerequisites before enrollment can be finalized for courses offered by Duquesne's College of Liberal Arts, School of Business, School of Education, and School of Natural and Environmental Science.
  • Duquesne University's Schools of Health Science and Pharmacy will permit non-degree course enrollment, but permission is required by the School. Please contact (health sciences) or (pharmacy) for additional information.
  • Courses offered by the Duquesne University's Schools of Music and Nursing are not eligible to non-degree students

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is a Non-degree/Visiting Student?

A Non-degree/Visiting Student is a student taking credit or non-credit courses but is not seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree at Duquesne University. If you intend to seek a degree from Duquesne, contact the appropriate admissions department  (Undergraduate AdmissionsTransfer Admissions or Graduate Admissions).

How do I apply as a Non-degree/Visiting Student?

Complete the online Non-degree Application

How do I know what courses are being offered and the course/section numbers?
You can view a list of course offerings by visiting the University Registrar

When can I apply to be a Non-degree/Visiting student?

体育彩票投注网360彩票Non-degree/Visiting students may apply at any time.

I'm having problems with the online application. What do I do?

Contact us at 412.396.6389 or email liberalarts@jazsprays.com体育彩票投注网360彩票 for assistance.

When can I register for classes?

Non-degree/Visiting students register after degree-seeking students have registered each term. Completing the Non-degree/Visiting student application does not register you for classes, nor does it guarantee that you will be able to register for the classes you selected.

How do I register for classes?

once registration is open for non-degree/visiting students, an advisor will register you for the classes you selected. in the event that a class is closed, you may be placed on the waitlist. once your registration is complete, you will be contacted via email with your class schedule.

What if a course has prerequisites? I've met the prerequisites at my college.

体育彩票投注网360彩票if the course you are interested in taking has a prerequisite course that you have taken, you must submit a transcript from your home school.

How much is tuition?

Tuition information can be found on the part-time tuition rates page.

How am I billed for my tuition?

tuition ebills are available exclusively online and may be printed for your records. students will log into dori and select: self service banner>cashnet student access tab>access cashnet.

Can I get Financial Aid?

Non-degree seeking students are generally not eligible for financial aid. In order to be eligible for aid, you must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program. You can apply for an alternative loan. There are certain conditions that may allow you to become eligible for a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan. For more information, please contact our Financial Aid Department at 412. 396.6585 or


Email or call 412.396.6389.